Today, consumers are focusing on convenience and social responsibility. Sustainable-driven packaging is more than reducing use of non-renewable resources – it’s also about efficient cost savings.CL&D's goal is to minimize the overall footprint on the environment through responsible business practices including environmental preservation, energy conservation, recycling and reuse. We collaborate with our customers from project inception through introduction working to optimize the balance between package preservation, protection and the item’s presence in the marketplace. In design processes, we continue to push for gauge reduction and simplification, where possible, eliminating over-packaging.
We offer SUSTAINABLE FLEXIBLE PACKAGING & SHRINK SLEEVES: the convenience and features of Recycle-Ready and Post Consumer Recycled Packaging.
RECYCLABLE FLEXIBLE PACKAGING & SHRINK SLEEVES are the solution for sustainable brand management.
Crystallizable PET Shrink Sleeves with Washable Inks - A Shrink Sleeve label that gets recycled with the PETE container!
- Printed with WASHABLE inks that FLAKE AWAY in the recycle stream.
- Made with Crystallizable PET resin.
- Contains no Glycol.
- Reduces landfill waste.
- Improves recycling yields.
RECYCLE-READY and POST CONSUMER RECYCLED Key Features & Benefits:
BRAND OWNERS now have the ability to bring packaging to market with the convenience and features of typical multi-layered pouches and shrink film with the added benefit of recyclability.
- Suitable to be recycled in communities with existing PE film recycling streams via programs such as the Grocery Store Drop-Off.
- CL&D's R&D Team maintains a multi-source sustainable film supplier network portfolio.
- Up to 32% Post Consumer Recycled (PCR) content.
- Excellent barrier (oxygen, moisture and aroma) performance and functionality.
- Reclosable zipper feature.
- Complete hermetic seals to avoid leaks.
- Opaque & clear options.
- Available in many packaging options: 3-Side Seal, Cold Seal Bar Wraps, Gussets, Heat Seal Bar Wraps, Shrink Sleeves, Stick Packs and Vertical Form Filled Seal.
Corporate Social Responsibility
CL&D has achieved another silver recognition award for Corporate Social Responsibility by EcoVadis. CL&D is among the top 30% performers evaluated by EcoVadis. EcoVadis' CSR analysis system covers 21 criteria across four themes of Environment, Fair Labor & Human Rights, Ethics and Sustainable Procurement.
EcoVadis' methodology is built on international CSR standards including the Global Reporting Initiative, the United Nations Global Compact, and the ISO 26000, covering 190 spend categories and 150 countries.
A few examples of EcoVadis' criteria includes: Product End-of-life, Customer Health & Safety, Career Management & Training, Diversity, Discrimination & Harassment, Responsible Information Management & Supplier Environmental Practices.
Sustainability efforts are an important concern for CL&D because we want to do our part as much as possible. We are proud to say that we do this through responsible business practices including environmental preservation, energy conservation, recycling and reuse. Here are some examples of how we minimize our footprint: